cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeProgrammer with STM32F030C8: Debug in Low Power mode?

Jim Seymour
Senior

I have been using the ST-Link Utility for years to program a variety of boards. Today, I thought I'd give the new STM32CubeProgrammer a try - but it doesn't seem to work for me.

The first difference I see in the logs is the line: "Debug in Low Power mode is not supported for this device."

When using the ST-Link Utility, the log says: "Debug in Low Power mode enabled".

I don't know if this is the issue or not, but the CubeProgrammer eventually reports a Data mismatch and then says, "Warning: The core is locked up".

I am fairly confident that I have all the options set the same way on both utilities.

Can anyone offer a suggestion on how to proceed?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Jim Seymour​ ,

Check the option bytes, JTAG pins.

Please refer to UM2237 and RM0360 and check the "Option Bytes" section.

Did you try with different boards to identify if it is a hardware issue?

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Jim Seymour
Senior

Thanks for the response. Yes, this problem exists consistently on multiple boards. I've not been able to use the STM32CubeProgrammer to successfully program any of my boards.

Meanwhile, the STM32 ST-LINK Utility (v4.6.0.0) works all the time.

I will look over the documentation. It's always possible I missed some required step - but my gut still says this is some kind of bug with the new software.

If it matters, all of our boards are using the STM32F030C8T6.

gbm
Lead III

With default settings, Cortex-M0+ does not connect to debug module when it's in sleep state. If you already programmed the firmware which puts it into sleep, use "connect under reset" with hardware reset or set the BOOT0 strap so that it wakes up with bootloader enabled. For your future adventures, put the MCU to sleep after 5..10 seconds (set SLEEPONEXIT in timer interrupt routine), so that you can connect the debugger after powering on the board. This works for me on L0, G0 and C0 series.

Jim Seymour
Senior

The last two responses do not seem relevant to my question. It's my fault for using the subject I did.

The problem I am reporting is that the STM32CubeProgrammer does not program my boards at all while the older STM32 ST-LINK Utility works fine.

I mentioned "Debug in Low Power mode" only because it was the first difference I spotted in the log files.

For the time being, I will simply continue using the ST-Link Utility.

JTeo probably a bot​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..