cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cann't open STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe

Dalhe.1
Associate II

I have installed STM32CubeProgrammer 2.7.0 on Windows 10 and it works fine. but when iam trying to run STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe even as admin it open and close immediately. the same thing happens by openning the STM32Bootloader.bat

Could anyone tell me please how to solve this problem?

Regards

Depo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @Dalhe.1​ ,

It seems to be admin right issue in your side, using GUI you face the same problem?

Can you please try to unistalll CubeProgrammer , clean you environment and install it again with admin rights?

Houda

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TDK
Guru

It's a command line interface. Run it from the command prompt. You use it by providing command line arguments, after which it runs and exits when complete.

If you're looking for the GUI, run STM32CubeProgrammer.exe.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @Dalhe.1​ ,

As said by @TDK​ , to use STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe you need to the CLI from CMD:

• Open CMD
  • Go to bin folder under CubeProgrammer installer folder
  • Launch command according to your configuration for example : STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe -c port=SWD -d file.bin 0x08000000 -v

For more details of CLI usage you can use refer to CubeProgrammer user manual or use this command to have all commands options :

• STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe --help

If your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Houda

Thanks for your answer. i have already did this but i got this error as you can see0693W00000APAeLQAX.png0693W00000APAeMQAX.png

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @Dalhe.1​ 

Can you please copy the STM32CubeProgrammer folder under any user folder (Desktop for example) and try again?

Houda

Hi @Houda GHABRI​ 

I have just tried and it's always the same error.

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @Dalhe.1​ ,

It seems to be admin right issue in your side, using GUI you face the same problem?

Can you please try to unistalll CubeProgrammer , clean you environment and install it again with admin rights?

Houda

Dalhe.1
Associate II

/Hi @Houda GHABRI​ 

Many Thnx ... i just did as you said and it finnally worked !!

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @Dalhe.1​ 

Glad to hear that is is finally worked for you 🙂 .

Houda