cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can SPI-Flash be programmed by USB via CubeProgrammer ?

rogerhuang
Associate

If I use CubeProgrammer to connect the internal boot loader of STM32H750XBH6 via USB (pull Boot-0 high), can I program the external SPI Flash through CubeProgrammer? I know it's possible to do this using ST-Link (ps. by stldr) directly, but I can't do it using USB by similiar way.

rogerhuang_0-1697185399937.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aziz BRIGUI
ST Employee

Hello @rogerhuang,

This use case is not supported with the STM32 internal bootloader, so I suggest developing your custom USB bootloader to support the SPI flash. You can refer to AN3156 and the open bootloader middleware for guidance.

Aziz

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Aziz BRIGUI
ST Employee

Hello @rogerhuang,

This use case is not supported with the STM32 internal bootloader, so I suggest developing your custom USB bootloader to support the SPI flash. You can refer to AN3156 and the open bootloader middleware for guidance.

Aziz

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

No

But in lieu of an external loader you could implement a USB-DFU device capable of describing all the memories in the system and facilitating the use of STM32 Cube Programmer. 

The alternative on say a H750 with limited internal Flash is to be a USB-MSC and allow for drag-n-drop, there should be code from Microsoft and Arduino implementing such methods as UF2 or whatever. I've build things where QSPI, or a portion, is used as a direct MSC volume, the loader can then recover files by name to perform updates into the active / code portion of the QSPI

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..