cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it normal for the CubeMX tool (version 6.4.0 and 6.5.0) to suggest there are conflicts for many peripherals where none of these conflicts make sense ?

JSchn.5
Associate III

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KnarfB
Principal III

Stupid or not is a matter of taste. At least it is documented (User Guide Table 5) and can be learned. And using green, yellow and red is not so uncommon...

0693W00000LzYDKQA3.pngIn your example, UART4 has a yellow mark because some possible configurations of UART4 will create conflicts. If you click on UART4, you see that configs with CTS enabled cannot be chosen (red) because the CTS pin is used by ETH1. If everything is configured, you can ignore the yellow signs. While configuring components, yellow signs show you what other components may be affected by using a particular pin/function.

hth

KnarfB

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @JSchn.5​ ,

Please, be more specific and share more details.

If possible attached your .ioc, else provide MP1 exact reference and few screenshot of the mentioned conflicts.

Thanks,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
TDK
Guru

It's likely warning of potential conflicts, not actual ones.

CubeMX has an awkward and poor way of notifying the user of this. It looks like a warning you need to address when in reality it's not an issue at all.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
JSchn.5
Associate III

Starting Cube MX, selecting the (157D) DK1 board and saying no to reset peripherals gives yellow triangles on RCC, ADC1, ADC2, TAMP, TIM3, ETH1, SDMMC1, USB_OTG_HS, SAI4 and maybe others I have missed. If it doesn't behave with an ST dev board configuration what chance is there for something derived from it ?

I enclose our IOC file. It has the same RAM as DK1, ethernet on MII (practicalities mean choosing a Marvell PHY), UART4 as before, UART7 on RS485 with drive enable, a bit of I2C (I2C6), QSPI NOR, possibly one other SPI and a handful of GPIO.

I cannot explain any of the many yellow triangles.

Yellow triangles can be ignored. They are warning of potential issues, not current ones. It is a stupid system. Hover over them for a more descriptive message.
If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
JSchn.5
Associate III

Yes I have of course hovered over them and tried to understand any of the warnings that pop up..

KnarfB
Principal III

Stupid or not is a matter of taste. At least it is documented (User Guide Table 5) and can be learned. And using green, yellow and red is not so uncommon...

0693W00000LzYDKQA3.pngIn your example, UART4 has a yellow mark because some possible configurations of UART4 will create conflicts. If you click on UART4, you see that configs with CTS enabled cannot be chosen (red) because the CTS pin is used by ETH1. If everything is configured, you can ignore the yellow signs. While configuring components, yellow signs show you what other components may be affected by using a particular pin/function.

hth

KnarfB

JSchn.5
Associate III

Yes some possible combinations might but not what I have chosen. Hence stupid interface.