cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why STM32F207 is getting stucked in Startup file, when im generating ethernet code from CubeMx 6.8.1

JJhin.1
Senior

Hello guys!

Now a days im facing issue with ethernet configuration in the latest version of CubeMx 6.8.1.

When im configuring the ethernet for my F207 nucleo board in its getting stucked into startup file. and through debugging when im pressing F5 button for manay times, then its getting out from startup file and my code starts working and getting pinged from my PC.

But when im generating code from CubeMx 5.4.0 version for same configuration, its working fine. im not geeting any issues with this version.

has anyone resolved this issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

IN THE MDKARM IDE:

If MCU is getting stuck after dumping the code, then you need to Change following settings in Manage Run Time environment:

mdkarm.png

after doing these settings presse ok and re compile the program and dump the code now Ethernet will work perfectly. 

for IAR Workbench Ide no need to change any settings it will work. for STM Cube Ethernet will not work with latest version of CubeMx.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @JJhin.1,

Which Cube Firmware version are you using?

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

for 6.8.1 firmware version is 1.9.4 and for 5.4.0 firmware version is 1.8.0

Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @JJhin.1 

Could you share the ioc so I will be able to be in the same configuration as yours. 

KR,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

JJhin.1
Senior

hii @Semer CHERNI Plz check this ioc file.

JJhin.1
Senior

Hi @Semer CHERNI  and @Imen.D I am waiting for your replay please help me out to find solution on this.

hbZhao
Associate III

I have similar issue on STM32F746g-disco with CubeMX 6.9.2. Is there any solution for this case?

Hii @hbZhao ...

I'll suggest you to don't configure ethernet with latest version of CubeMX. 

You should have to configure ethernet manually using HAL libraries. 

JJhin.1
Senior

After digging more into this issue, i got to know that , after configuring Ethernet and generating the code through latest version of CubeMx then controller is not able to jump to main function.

IN THE MDKARM IDE:

If MCU is getting stuck after dumping the code, then you need to Change following settings in Manage Run Time environment:

mdkarm.png

after doing these settings presse ok and re compile the program and dump the code now Ethernet will work perfectly. 

for IAR Workbench Ide no need to change any settings it will work. for STM Cube Ethernet will not work with latest version of CubeMx.