cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QSPI and SBSFU MPU issue

embedded1993
Associate

I have modified the SBSFU for STM32G4 to use external flash. I have firmware updates working, but when i turn on SFU_MPU_PROTECT_ENABLE, I get a 'SFU_EXCPT_MEMORY_FAULT' at the following line within HAL_QSPI_Init(), where the QSPI registers are modified:

/* Configure QSPI Clock Prescaler and Sample Shift */

MODIFY_REG(hqspi->Instance->CR, (QUADSPI_CR_PRESCALER | QUADSPI_CR_SSHIFT | QUADSPI_CR_FSEL | QUADSPI_CR_DFM),

((hqspi->Init.ClockPrescaler << QUADSPI_CR_PRESCALER_Pos) |

hqspi->Init.SampleShifting | hqspi->Init.FlashID | hqspi->Init.DualFlash));

It seems like i need to update the MPU settings, but following the example projects results in different errors. Here is what I have for peripheral setting in sfu_low_level_security.h

/**

* @brief Region 0 - Enable the read/write operations for full peripheral area in unprivileged mode.

*          Execution capability disabled

*/

#define SFU_PROTECT_MPU_PERIPH_1_RGNV MPU_REGION_NUMBER0

#define SFU_PROTECT_MPU_PERIPH_1_START PERIPH_BASE    /*!< Peripheral memory area */

#define SFU_PROTECT_MPU_PERIPH_1_SIZE MPU_REGION_SIZE_512MB

#define SFU_PROTECT_MPU_PERIPH_1_SREG 0x00       /*!< All subregions activated */

#define SFU_PROTECT_MPU_PERIPH_1_PERM MPU_REGION_FULL_ACCESS

#define SFU_PROTECT_MPU_PERIPH_1_EXECV MPU_INSTRUCTION_ACCESS_DISABLE

#define SFU_PROTECT_MPU_PERIPH_1_TEXV MPU_TEX_LEVEL0

#define SFU_PROTECT_MPU_PERIPH_1_B   MPU_ACCESS_BUFFERABLE

#define SFU_PROTECT_MPU_PERIPH_1_C   MPU_ACCESS_NOT_CACHEABLE

Can you help me understand what i need to modify/add to this file to allow the QSPI registers to be modified within SBSFU? Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Billy OWEN
ST Employee

Hi @embedded1993 

The forum moderator had marked your post as needing a little more investigation and direct support. An online support case has been created on your behalf, please stand by for just a moment and you will hear from us.

Regards,

Billy