cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do some documents use Cube-MX instead of the MX inside of Cube-IDE?

KevinA
Senior

Why do some documents use Cube-MX instead of the MX inside of Cube-IDE? I can open an IOC with Cube-IDE and do everything Cube-MX does and more so why are so many examples using just Cube-MX? I downloaded the current version of Cube-MX but it is very slow, like watching paint dry compared to Cube-IDE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

CubeMX was standalone for a couple years before it was integrated into STM32CubeIDE.

Some people, myself included, prefer standalone rather than the integrated version.

Other people use CubeMX but not STM32CubeIDE, so the integrated version isn't helpful.

No performance issues here with the standalone version.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

CubeMX was standalone for a couple years before it was integrated into STM32CubeIDE.

Some people, myself included, prefer standalone rather than the integrated version.

Other people use CubeMX but not STM32CubeIDE, so the integrated version isn't helpful.

No performance issues here with the standalone version.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
KevinA
Senior

I was doing a follow-along for a video on STM32WL55, simple blinky. I used the CubeMX inside of CubeIDE to add do the simple code modification BUT CubeMX inside of CubeIDE did not generate the code from the IOC that allowed me to add code to the LEDS. The stand-alone STM32CubeMX generated the code needed to add functions to the LEDS. The video was using STM32CubeMX and when he left CubeMX for CubeIDE was not happy..