cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I try to set Pin locking (for example A8 pin) while it is in Reset_state, the application stops and nothing can be done. This isn't normal, it's some kind of bug, is it?

SGera.1
Associate II

13 REPLIES 13
TDK
Guru

Sounds like a bug to me. No such issue here. Perhaps describe what you're doing more completely, with chip type, os, software version, etc.

0693W00000DmuquQAB.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hello @SGera.1​,

First let me welcome you to the STM32 Community 😊

As it is the case for @TDK​ , I wasn't able to reproduce the issue from my side either. I've tried with multiple STM32 series and no problem occurs with the STM32CubeMX tool.

It will be more helpful if you detail more how did you proceed to encounter such misbehavior and which MCU did you use.

Also, you can attach your .ioc for further check.

Your feedback is important to discern the root cause of the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Khouloud.

Hi @SGera.1​ ,

I wonder if you're always facing the same problem ?

Otherwise, if you're using an old version of STM32CubeMX tool, please switch to the latest 6.3.0 version.

Khouloud.

I am currently using version 6.3.0. This error occurs whenever I try to set blocking as in the query. I reinstalled CubeMX several times, but to no avail. I use Windows 10 pro with the latest updates, AMD A10-9700 RADEON R7 CPU, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C + 6G 3.50 GHz processor, 16GB RAM.

Hello @SGera.1​ ,

Thanks for your feedback.

This is a bit odd, could you please attach your .ioc file as well as the .log file for further check.

Thanks in advance.

Khouloud.

Hi, there has been a slight change this time. I managed to lock pin A8, generated the code, but after shutting down CubeMX I cannot reopen this file. I am giving a link to the .log and .ioc files. My chip is STM32F103C8T6.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KD-5iqe64XyLRn_2MOoDLu4bvXfYizrq?usp=sharing

SGera.1
Associate II

Welcome back. Something has gone wrong recently. The link I connected has stopped working. I repeated the steps again. I blocked pin A8, but the project wouldn't save anymore. After exiting the program, I couldn't reopen the file. I have attached the .ioc and .log file. I hope now it will be OK.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QLllCNZeqB0pNJiYkN_IdyBhDVREUU-z?usp=sharing

TDK
Guru

I'm not clicking on a google drive link, but if you attach the IOC file to your post, I will look at it.

There is a paperclip icon to attach files.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
SGera.1
Associate II

Hi thanks for the answer. I am attaching two files below.