cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vague description of ThreadX Application Queue Message Size in CubeIDE/CubeMX 1.15.0

The description of the ThreadX Application Queue Message Size in CubeIDE/CubeMX is vague.

The queue size is specified in "words". The C language doesn't define how large a word is, it's not even processor implementation specific (I even read that Microsoft specifies a word to be 16-bits on their 64-bit processors for backwards compatibility). ThreadX refers to a 32-bit word in their user manual, even though ThreadX runs on x86.

Could the queue message size description (behind the (i) button) be augmented to mention 32-bit?

(apologies, I should have posted this in the CubeIDE or CubeMX section)

Thanks,

Andrei

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @Andrei Chichak 

First let me thank you for posting.
The proposed change is raised internally for analysis. It could be an improvement to the tool making the message more specific.

KR,
Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @Andrei Chichak 

First let me thank you for posting.
The proposed change is raised internally for analysis. It could be an improvement to the tool making the message more specific.

KR,
Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.