cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This file has been generated with STM32CubeMX version '6.6.0'.Your current STM32CubeMX version is '6.2.1'.

MHoop.1
Senior

I created a new project from a downloaded example Nx_TCP_Echo_Server for a Nucleo board. But when I attempt to edit the CubeMX .ioc file, I get the error listed above. I can't find a way to edit the .ioc file or upgrade CubeMX to V6.6. Can anyone offer suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

A suggestion: try a bit harder to install latest CubeMX (6.7.0 or at least 6.6.1). Here.

Upgrade is not quite reliable. Download the installer and do a full install.

It can be installed side by side with your current version (6.2.1) if you still need the latter.

MHoop.1
Senior

Pavel,

Thanks for the help. I should have stated that the CubeMX that I am attempting to use is the integrated version inside of the recently installed CubeIDE(Version: 1.6.1). I have tried updating CubeIDE, but the updater states that my current version has no updates.

So I did download and install CubeMX V6.7 separately from CubeIDE, and it DOES open the .ioc file inside of my project.

So the "integrated" CubeMX is of no use unless I can find a way to update it......seems a little counter-intuitive. Is there a way to update the integrated CubeMX?

gbm
Lead III

The current CubeIDE version is 1.11. Why did you install an outdated version?

MHoop.1
Senior

gbm...thanks for pointing that out. Looks like I updated 1.6 instead of installing 1.11. All working now.

> So the "integrated" CubeMX is of no use unless I can find a way to update it......seems a little counter-intuitive. 

Yes, this is what I learned after several years with CubeMX and IDE. Using a standalone CubeMX allows updating it independently from CubeIDE. You can install several versions of it.

I don't use the integrated Cube of CubeIDE.

CubeIDE itself (Eclipse, debugger) is more stable and I don't feel pressure to update it since v 1.7.