cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L552 USB CDC not working with HAL V. 1.4.0. /Cube 6.3.0

GS1
Senior III

We created a new project with STM32L552 using STM3CubeMX V. 6.3.0 and HAL Version 1.4.0.

We activated Middleware USB CDC and used the identical software add-ons as in the last project for the same processor. The last project was done using HAL V. 1.2.0. and worked perfectly.

Now with the new release we can not get the CFC to work.

After all initialisations are done, the USB port state is set to "Suspended".

The PC can not connect to the USB device via VCP. (USB Device was not detected) 

The error message on the PC appears as soon as

USB_DevConnect(hpcd->Instance);

is called in HAL_PCD_Start().

Has anybody an idea what could be the reason?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Khouloud,

yes, problem is solved. And the software is working correctly with HAL 1.4.0 and Cube 6.3.0.

Best regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @GS@S​ ,

First let me thank you for your feedback and apologize for the somewhat late reply.

I doubt that this issue is related to the STM32CubeMX tool since the error appears as soon as USB_DevConnect (hpcd->Instance) is called in stm32l5xx_hal_pcd.c HAL module driver file which is copied as it is from STM32CubeL5 Firmware Package.

Moreover, you can refer to the Release Notes for Projects of STM32CubeL5 Firmware Package (under <Repository-directory>/STM32Cube_FW_L5_V1.4.0/Release_Notes.html) for further details about the different changes made for each Firmware version.

Otherwise, I've taken a look at the discussion in this post and as far as I can see, the problem has been resolved by removing the 10k resistor on the VDD_USB line according to your last comment. You're always talking about the same issue, did I correctly understand ?

Khouloud.

Hello Khouloud,

yes, problem is solved. And the software is working correctly with HAL 1.4.0 and Cube 6.3.0.

Best regards

Hi @GS@S​ 

Thanks for the confirmation ��

Khouloud.