cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L4 USB VCP project not compiling

Scott Dev
Senior

Hi

I am using STM32Cube V1.0 , version 4.24.0 along with Atollic TrueSTUDIO® for STM32 V9.0. Within Cube I created the project with USB, and created the source code. When I try and compile it I get a bunch of HAL errors, HAL_init() undefined and a bunch of HAL_RCC... commands undefined. I havent done anything different as I have done than creating other projects , straight forward. The .h files seem to be there. Has anyone else have this issue, or know what I have done wrong?

Thanks

Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Scott Dev​ ,

Please upgrade to latest STM32CubeMX V5.1.0 release and STM32CubeL4 V1.13.0, then tell us if you are facing same issue

Kind Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Scott Dev​ ,

Please upgrade to latest STM32CubeMX V5.1.0 release and STM32CubeL4 V1.13.0, then tell us if you are facing same issue

Kind Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Scott Dev
Senior

Hi Imen

Version 5.1 seemed to work, many thanks. What is STM32CubeL4? I havent used that before.

Thanks

Scott

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @scott Dev​ ,

You are using STM32CubeMX with the STM32CubeL4 firmware package, which can be downloaded through STM32CubeMX following the steps below:

Select Help > Manage embedded software packages to open the Embedded Software Packages

The procedure is described in UM1718, Section 3.5.2: Installing STM32 MCU packages.

You can check the"Project Manager" view in your STM32CubeMX project to see the firmware package version used:

Kind Regards,

Imen

Thanks
Imen