cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7 - CubeMX 6.5.0 + LwIP + mbedTLS Lwip is disabled as FreeRTOS is not detected

dns13
Associate II

When I migrate my Project to CubeMX 6.5.0 LwIP gets disabled and cannot longer be enabled as long as mbedTLS is enabled. FreeRTOS is enabled and this configuration worked fine with CubeMX 6.4.0.

I tried to cycle all relevant settings, switched cores but haven't found a way to get both mbedTLS and LwIP to be enabled.

How can I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @Jan Schöppach​ 

You are right, issue confirmed from my side. It seems that the LwIP and MbedTLS cannot be enabled simultaneous in v6.5.0.

For now I advise you to keep using v6.4.0 until the issue gets fixed.

With this being said, I submitted a ticket to dev team to fix this issue. I will keep you posted 🙂 

Internal ticket number: 126096 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

If your issue is solved, please close this post by clicking the "Select as Best" button. This will help other members of the community find this response more quickly 🙂

Thanks for your contribution and sorry for the inconveniences, 

Sara.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Jan Schöppach​ ,

First let me welcome you to the STM32 Community and thank you for reporting this issue.

I share your post with STM32CubeMX team @Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA​ to review this issue and take the necessary action.

Thanks

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
dns13
Associate II

Thank you

Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @Jan Schöppach​ ,

Thanks for your feedback,

Just to make sure that I understood correctly your issue. Are you asking for a way to enable LWIP and MbedTLS simultaneous without the need to enable FreeRTOS ?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

And could you please share your ioc file before project migration ?

Thanks,

Sara.

Hello Sara,

no I want to enable all three, but as soon as I enable MbedTLS it does no longer allow me to enable LWIP either with FreeRTOS enabled or disabled. This worked fine in 6.4.0.

Thanks

Jan

Sorry I've forgot the ioc file. It's appended here.

This also happens with a completely new project (at least with the STM32H747 DISCO board).

Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @Jan Schöppach​ 

You are right, issue confirmed from my side. It seems that the LwIP and MbedTLS cannot be enabled simultaneous in v6.5.0.

For now I advise you to keep using v6.4.0 until the issue gets fixed.

With this being said, I submitted a ticket to dev team to fix this issue. I will keep you posted 🙂 

Internal ticket number: 126096 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

If your issue is solved, please close this post by clicking the "Select as Best" button. This will help other members of the community find this response more quickly 🙂

Thanks for your contribution and sorry for the inconveniences, 

Sara.

Thank you, Sara.

Will stick to 6.4.0 by now.

Greetings

Jan

Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @Jan Schöppach​ ,

This issue is fixed in STM32CubeMX latest release.

V6.6.0 is now available under this Link.

Thanks for your contribution.

Sara.