cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G030K8T6 HSE Crystal Resonator Option Missing (CubeMX)?

RGuin.3
Associate

Hello,

I recently developed a board to use the STM32G030K8T6 under the assumption that it could support an external crystal oscillator (given what is said in the datasheet) and as I was setting it up in the CubeMX tool I noticed that the HSE was only activated in the Clock Configuration menu, if I checked the BYPASS Clock Source option in RCC Mode settings. However this does not seem to work in order to activate the HSE crystal, and the generated code sets the HSE as bypassed.

Does this MCU actually support an external crystal, or is CubeMX not correctly displaying all the options for this MCU?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AScha.3
Chief II

see in ds :

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjuSsQAI.png..K.. has only BYPASS Clock Source option , is oszillator input. not for pure crystal .

and LSE crystal.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AScha.3
Chief II

see in ds :

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjuSsQAI.png..K.. has only BYPASS Clock Source option , is oszillator input. not for pure crystal .

and LSE crystal.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
RGuin.3
Associate

Thank you for your answer.

If I understood correctly, you meant that it only accepts a CMOS oscillator, not a crystal oscillator.

AScha.3
Chief II

set BYPASS Clock Source option : can use crystal-clock-oscillator , cmos or ..., but not just a crystal.

this is a crystal: 2 pins , (passive part) .

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjxrMQAQ.png 

and this are crystal oscillators :

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjxsAQAQ.pnghave typ. 4 pins: vcc, gnd , enable, clock out .

You understood correctly, but to put it more accurately - not just and oscillator, but any CMOS level clock signal, which conforms to the datasheet specification.

Many SMD crystal packages also have 4 physical pins...