cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMx "List Pinout Compatibility" feature seems to be broken in 6.5.0

GBert.2
Senior

I want to convert my project from using an STM32G491xE to an STM32G431xB.

To my understanding, the only way to switch between microcontrollers is using the STM32CubeMx "List Pinout Compatibility" feature.

The problem: this functionality does not work on the STM32CubeMx v6.5.0 release.

Not only does it display those weird graphical glitches (see .avi), but it prevents me from doing any conversion (the convert button is never enabled).

This problem has been reproduced with another computer with a fresh install of CubeMx v6.5.0.

The problem has not been seen on CubeMx v6.4.0.

---

In the meantime, what is the workaround for this?

Is there a manual way to convert a CubeMx v6.5.0 project into a CubeMx v6.4.0 project?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aziz BRIGUI
ST Employee

Hello @GBert.2​ ,

Issue fixed in STM32CubeMX latest release.

V6.6.0 is now available under this Link.

Thank you for your contribution.

Best regards,

Aziz.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Aziz BRIGUI
ST Employee

Hello @GBert.2​,

Thank you for your feedback,

This is a known issue and has already been reported internally. It will be fixed as soon as possible.

Internal ticket number: 125055 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

In the meantime, I suggest to reconfigure your MX project with the new device.

We apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Aziz

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
GBert.2
Senior

Thanks for your support. I hope this is fixed soon.

If I may, I would suggest renaming the "List Pinout Compatibility" feature: it's not clear that it's the menu for switching between MCU.

As one of the main objectives of the HAL library is to be portable, I'm surprised by how difficult it is to find that feature.

Best regards,

Gabriel

BGerb.2
Associate II

0693W00000NskL5QAJ.jpgAfter a month it is still not fixed.

The processors are extremely difficult to obtain and then this feature fails. The tool finds just over half a million chips in one day. I'm seriously wondering if ST is actually interested in the whole thing.

Thanks for raising awareness about this issue.

Sadly, I ended up doing it manually last month.

Aziz BRIGUI
ST Employee

Hello @GBert.2​ ,

Issue fixed in STM32CubeMX latest release.

V6.6.0 is now available under this Link.

Thank you for your contribution.

Best regards,

Aziz.

Thanks for your support.

Hello.

Now the search function is running quite fast.

Thank you for the release.

Maybe there is a new bug in that release.

After i have migrated my project to that release version, some includes dont find the resources.

I have to include one file by hand now on a lot files: #include "stm32f0xx_hal_conf.h .

That is made normaly by #include "main.h" -> #include "stm32f0xx_hal.h" -> #include "stm32f0xx_hal_conf.h" but the IDE dont find that file correctly.

Dont know why exactly...