cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX 6.0.1 with STM32Cube MCU Package for STM32H7 Series version 1.8.0 unchecks the MicroLIB checkbox

Rajeev Arora
Senior

Hello,

I have an IOC file, which was generated with help of STM32CubeMX

MxCube.Version=5.6.1

MxDb.Version=DB.5.0.60

When I open this project to update the Keil project (which has Keil Compiler version 6 selected), with STM32CubeMX version 6.0.1 (with STM32Cube MCU Package for STM32H7 series version 1.8.0), and generate code, the STM32CubeMX deselects the MicroLIB check box.

I am observing the code is not behaving as expected with MicroLIB disabled / unchecked.

As the issue is not observed when using the ULINKpro debugger (which I am using to find the reason for the issue) I am unable to find the reason for different behavior of the same code just based on whether the MicroLIB is in use or not in use.

Please help with resolving my concern.

Thanks,

Rajeev

12 REPLIES 12

Yeah. It's hard to disagree.​

Rajeev Arora
Senior

Hello @Khouloud ZEMMELI​ 

After a while I opened one of my project's IOC file with STM32CubeMX version 6.3.0 and regenerated the code, so as to incorporate the Device Driver fixes.

The generated project was not working as expected and would crash. I had to debug the code and still could not find the reason for the Hard Fault. I was not sure whether the updated FreeRTOS or the Driver codes were causing it. So I had to start merging pieces of the newly generated code to the old / existing code.

I now have reached to the conclusion that the STM32CubeMX removing the Use MicroLIB check is the reason for the issue. This setting is available in Keil IDE under Options For Target -> Target -> Code Generation (section)

I am using ARM Compiler version 6. I have removed the Middlewares\Third_Party\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\RVDS folder and instead using the Middlewares\Third_Party\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\GCC folder so as to use Keil Compiler version 6.

Please help with the fix. My team mates and the ST Community might face the same / similar issue because of STM32CubeMX making unwanted changes.

Thanks,

Rajeev

william.w.jr
Associate II

After upgrade to 6.3.0 almost every project uncheck "Use MicroLib" after regenerated project files.... What .......