cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Card option not present for SDMMC2

HBegn.1
Associate

I have followed this tutorial and gotten FATFS working perfectly on the Nucleo-L4R5ZI-P however I am trying to transfer my code to the STM32L4Q5CGU6 and the option under;

middleware -> FATFS -> FATFS Mode and Configuration -> there is no option for SD Card

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkx6mQAA.png 

The chip advertises SD functionality it has an SDMMC channel, I'm assuming this is an error in STM32CubeIDE not recognising it as the STM32L4Q5CGU6 has SDMMC2 and not 1.

Is there a way around this or how can it be solved? Thanks

https://community.st.com/s/article/how-to-create-a-file-system-on-a-sd-card-using-stm32bubeide

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​  and welcome to the Community �� ,

I confirm the issue.

It is an error in STM32CubeIDE1.12.1.

The mode for SD card is not present for the FatFs options.

I reported Internally.

Internal ticket number: 153935 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​  and welcome to the Community �� ,

I confirm the issue.

It is an error in STM32CubeIDE1.12.1.

The mode for SD card is not present for the FatFs options.

I reported Internally.

Internal ticket number: 153935 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello Kaouthar,

Thank you very much for filing an internal ticket. I had filed a ticket as well through ST Support however, this morning my ticket 00180448 was unexpectedly closed (This is not the first occasion of this happening).

Could you please keep me updated on when this issue is solved?

If you could get an ETA on when the matter will be solved that would be greatly appreciated as my project is time sensitive.

Thanks, Harry

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

I will get back to you when the issue is fixed in the STM32CubeIDE.

Sorry for this inconvenience.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

markH
Associate III

Any update on this?

5 months later, I have got to this point and find I cannot enable the SD card mode because it's missing!

I am using STM32L4P5CEUx, CubeMX 6.8.1, STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.17.2