cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems using CubeMx in uVision

Kolkentu
Associate II

Hi.

I am trying to create STM32G0 projects with the uVision IDE, but the configuration option using CubeMX does not work. When creating a new project in uVision, and selecting the STM32CubeMX option within Manage Run-Time Environment, CubeMX does not run, and the following error message is displayed:

Error #545: Required input file from generator STM32CubeMX: 'C:/……………/FrameworkCubeMX.gpdsc' is missing

I have done a search, and it seems that this problem appeared years ago, but it was solved with new software versions.

I am using µVision V5.40.0.0, C compiler V6.22, and STM32CubeMX Version 6.11.1

Where is the problem? Could someone help me?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Create a new Keil MDK project in CubeMX, then open it in uVision.

Note that the newest and greatest ST Cube libraries will be already included in the generated project. Do not include them twice via "Manage Run-Time Environment". The STM32 MCU support pack there is the same ST Cube drivers library, but maybe older version.

Hello.

I have tested creating a configuration in CubeMX for STM32G0, and then opening the MDK project generated using CubeMX in uVision IDE. It works, it does not generate an error. But although this option allows you to program an application, adding .c and .h files later to the project, it is not a viable option:

-On the one hand, the workflow is slower and more complicated, as you have to use two applications. When you need to add, modify or delete configurations in the microcontroller, you have to repeat the whole process with both applications. CubeIDE allows you to do this much faster, as it has CubeMX integrated. If uVision has an option in its IDE prepared to work directly with the CubeMX configurator, it should work as expected.

-On the other hand, working this way, I have not been able to port the projects made in CubeIDE to uVision. I have created an application for STM32G051 in CubeIDE, which compiles and works correctly. To port it to uVision, I first copy the microcontroller configuration using cubeMX, and generate a new uVision project with that configuration. Ok, it works. Then I put all the .c and .h files of my application into the new uVision project. Ok, it compiles. But when I download the application to the microcontroller, for some strange reason, it doesn't work correctly. Sometimes it's the I2C module of the microcontroller that doesn't work, other times the UART, etc.

The reason for using uVision is to try to take advantage of the options that this IDE offers over CubeIDE, which are an advantage, such as the integration of third-party static code analysis applications.

Thanks

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

when I download the application to the microcontroller, for some strange reason, it doesn't work correctly. Sometimes it's the I2C module of the microcontroller that doesn't work, other times the UART, etc.

For this I don't have answers. "doesn't work correctly" can be anything.

As for adding custom .c and .h files to MX-generated project - this can be done with .extSettings file. Please look in the CubeMX user manual, UM1718 6.4.