cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with LD files in CubeMX (6.11.0) & CubeIDE (1.15.0)

Maciej Frankowski
Associate II

Hi,

I use several LD files in the project, depending on the selected build. After updating CubeMX (6.11.0) and CubeIDE (1.15.0), the default LD file appears in the project every time I generate code from CubeMX. Worst of all, all links to my LD files are removed. Each time I have to laboriously edit the project settings. Nightmare. Do you have that too?

Regards.

3 REPLIES 3
Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

Hello @Maciej Frankowski 

I would appreciate it if you could give me the project where you encountered the issue or at least provide me with the steps that I need to follow to reproduce it.

Also is this issue consistently reproduced?

I will be waiting for your feedback.

THX

Ghofrane

Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

Hello again @Maciej Frankowski 

Thank you for your contributions and for your detailed explanations,

I confirm the issue on my side, it has been reported to STM32CubeMX development team .

Internal ticket number: 178127  (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

I will keep you posted with updates.

Regards,

Ghofrane

Hi Ghofrane,
Two things.

First, generating code with CubeMX places default file, e.g. STM32L071KBTX_FLASH.ld, in the project directory. I understand that. But why does this happen every time? You can delete this file and it reappears anyway.

Secondly, the reference to my modified file, e.g. STM32L071KBTX_FLASH_DEBUG.ld, is replaced with the default name:
Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Tool Settings -> MCU GCC Linker -> General -> Linker Script (-T) -> (...)STM32L071KBTX_FLASH.ld
In the previous version of the environment, this did not happen. I have several configurations, and they all fail.

Best Regards
Maciej