cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with building the STM32H750B-DK example of STM32CubeExpansion_SBSFU_V2.6.2

tarbal
Associate III

Hello,
I try to build the STM32CubeExpansion_SBSFU_V2.6.2 for STM32H750B-DK. I use STM32CubeIDE Version: 1.14.0  Build: 19471_20231121_1200 (UTC) on Windows 10.

I got several environment issues:
Building SECoreBin failed for multiple reasons.
It needed prepareimage.py at C:\. I copied it there.
The prebuild.sh had issues with the "pwd" command that returns nothing.
I specified basedir and current_directory with the absolute path values.

Everything pass.

Finally I got problems when prepareimage.py tries to encrypt the binaries with the command:

python /prepareimage.py enc -k ../../../2_Images_SECoreBin/STM32CubeIDE/../Binary/OEM_KEY_COMPANY1_key_AES_CBC.bin -i ../../../2_Images_SECoreBin/STM32CubeIDE/../Binary/iv.bin ../UserApp.bin ..//../Binary/UserApp.sfu

I found that the prepareimage.py uses Python module "keys" that is missing on my build machine.
I didn't find a way to install it.
I believe that I missed the step to configure the build environment. Could you help me please to find a document explaining the environment setup?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @tarbal ,

It is mentioned in the release note projects of X-CUBE-SBSFU Expansion package that the development toolchain and compiler used for this package is STM32CubeIDE v1.9.0. For that please try to update the STM32CubeIDE toolchain.

KDJEM1_0-1706614111271.png

Also, possible build issues may be caused by too long path names. I suggest you to unzip the package in a short path like e.g. C:\work.

May this discussion can help you.

Please let me know if the issue is solved or not.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @tarbal ,

It is mentioned in the release note projects of X-CUBE-SBSFU Expansion package that the development toolchain and compiler used for this package is STM32CubeIDE v1.9.0. For that please try to update the STM32CubeIDE toolchain.

KDJEM1_0-1706614111271.png

Also, possible build issues may be caused by too long path names. I suggest you to unzip the package in a short path like e.g. C:\work.

May this discussion can help you.

Please let me know if the issue is solved or not.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Guillaume K
ST Employee

Also upgrade to STM32CubeIDE 1.4.1. This version corrects the problem with "pwd" command missing in STM32CubeIDE 1.14.0.

Thank you for advise.
I couldn't find  STM32CubeIDE 1.9.0 The latest version on the link you provided is 1.4.1.

Hello @tarbal ,

You can find the STM32CubeIDE 1.9.0 on this link and by choosing the version "1.9.0" in "Select version" as shown in the below figure:

KDJEM1_0-1708609839529.png

I hope this help you.

Kaouthar

I mean STM32CubeIDE 1.14.1.

Hi Kaouthar,

Thank you all builds pass without errors and warnings.

While trying to encrypt the application build using 1.4.0 I installed the Python modules

pip install pycryptodomex
pip install ecdsa
pip install numpy
pip install pyelftools

Does STM32CubeIDE 1.9.0 install them itself?

Thank you.

Hello Guillame,

Thank you.
I installed the version 1.9.0 as recommended in the release notes. It works.

Hi @tarbal ,

The SBSFU example makes use of the perpareimage.exe script which is generated from python script but does not need a dedicate python libraries.

For more explanation, I advise to refer to the Readme.txt file in attachment.

If you want to use the python version you need to force it and install libs in the requirments.txt file.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

Hi Kaouthar,

Thank you.