cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibly incorrect pinout in STM32CubeIDE for the STM32H7S7I8Tx

GeneralSyb
Associate

Hi there,

I was working on a project that uses the STM32H7S7I8T6 and was a bit confused when I saw the pinout that is given in the IOC graphical editor or whatever it is called exactly. It seems like the pinout for the LQFP176 GFx was used instead of the non-GFx version. For example if we look at the bottom right-hand corner then we see some big differences between the packages:

GeneralSyb_0-1718136892278.png

Specifically on the right side we see a bunch of power domain pins on the GFx version, but those aren't there on the non-GFx version:

GeneralSyb_1-1718136991238.png

Now if we look at the online CAD model that ST provides, we see that the pin numbers and names match up with the non-GFx version:

GeneralSyb_2-1718137099006.png

Now if we look at the pinmap for the H7S7I8Tx in the CubeIDE then we see that it supposedly uses the GFx pinout, which I think is incorrect:

GeneralSyb_3-1718137197614.png

Of course this doesn't make a difference when programming the microcontroller, but it is a confusing to say the least.

Is this something I did wrong in the CubeIDE, or is this an actual incorrect pinmap?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @GeneralSyb 

I confirm this issue on the Symbol side and I've reported internally for correction under internall ticket number 184071.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @GeneralSyb and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

I think that we have no problem since the STM32H7S7I8T6 is the LQFP176 GFx package. The LQFP176 GP package is the STM32H7S3I8T6. So, in this case everything works fine.

Screenshot_2024-06-11-22-10-02-88_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for the quick response.

If S3 is the non-GFx pinout, wouldn't that make the footprint/symbol in the ST library and on mouser(I downloaded the kicad files from componentsearchengine via mouser) incorrect? 

Hello @GeneralSyb 

I confirm this issue on the Symbol side and I've reported internally for correction under internall ticket number 184071.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32