cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo-H753ZI BUG in default configuration

mbarg.1
Associate III

TM32Cube ver 1.6.1 MX ver 6.2.1 with STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.9.0 - select Nucleo-H753ZI with default configuration and generate new project - add some activity like

HAL_GPIO_WritePin(GPIOB, LD3_Pin, GPIO_PIN_SET);

HAL_Delay(1000);

HAL_GPIO_WritePin(GPIOB, LD3_Pin, GPIO_PIN_RESET);

HAL_Delay(1000);

in while loop ( after USER CODE BEGIN 3).

NOT WORKING

From debug, system hangs up in MX_USART3_UART_Init() ==> HAL_UART_Init() ==> UART_CheckIdleState() ==> UART_WaitOnFlagUntilTimeout() ...

Disable USART3 and it works.

Or change UART clock to 8M (automatic clock fixing gives 32M) and it works.

Please fix it.

Mike Bargauan

6 REPLIES 6

Hello @mbarg.1​,

First let le welcome you to our STM32 community 😊

Please excuse the somewhat late reply and thank you for having reported.

Actually I can't reproduce the issue from my side. Could you please share your .ioc file for further check?

Thanks in advance.

Khouloud.

Khouloud: due to size limitation in my system, I will send you several mail, each with a different file. First is the project as it get out of my system when I do select nucleo-H573ZI board. Mike ---------------------------- Original Message ---------------------------- Subject: Khouloud OTHMAN mentioned you in an answer to: Nucleo-H753ZI BUG in default configuration From: "ST Community" Date: Fri, May 21, 2021 6:20 pm To: "mikebargauan@mb-international.com"
This file is with my fix on UART clock - thi project is working ---------------------------- Original Message ---------------------------- Subject: Khouloud OTHMAN mentioned you in an answer to: Nucleo-H753ZI BUG in default configuration From: "ST Community" Date: Fri, May 21, 2021 6:20 pm To: "mikebargauan@mb-international.com"
This version is with some change to UART clock - this is working ---------------------------- Original Message ---------------------------- Subject: Khouloud OTHMAN mentioned you in an answer to: Nucleo-H753ZI BUG in default configuration From: "ST Community" Date: Fri, May 21, 2021 6:20 pm To: "mikebargauan@mb-international.com"
Next is the project with added some activity - LED blink- ---------------------------- Original Message ---------------------------- Subject: Khouloud OTHMAN mentioned you in an answer to: Nucleo-H753ZI BUG in default configuration From: "ST Community" Date: Fri, May 21, 2021 6:20 pm To: "mikebargauan@mb-international.com"
Please note that in project generated selecting th nucleo board, I cannot set CPU clock > 300MHz. Please also note that if I start a project selecting the same device (H573ZI), I can set clock to 400MHz but clock fixing select a 100MHz clock for UART - system will work when I override system selection with lower speed on UART - attache my project. I have more problems using H573 with nucleo; do you want OI list all to you or I do have to open more bugs? Mike ---------------------------- Original Message ---------------------------- Subject: Khouloud OTHMAN mentioned you in an answer to: Nucleo-H753ZI BUG in default configuration From: "ST Community" Date: Fri, May 21, 2021 6:20 pm To: "mikebargauan@mb-international.com"