cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDK-ARM V5 generator uses the wrong line endings(CRLF and not LF)

vix
Associate II

I've beenm struggling against some issues related to line-ending (CRLF vs LF) and git repos shared between different developers.

And I discovered that MDK-ARM V5 generator in STM32CubeMX 6.6.1 under Windows generates the uvprojx file with the wrong line endings.

Probably it uses the native Windows CRLF, but Keil documentation (see https://www.keil.com/appnotes/files/apnt_279.pdf) clearly states that

The project files uvprojx and uvoptx have UNIX-style line endings (LF).

I confirm that if I work in Keil uVision, the uvprojx file created by uVision uses LF on Windows too.

And so I use .gitattributes to configure git so that uvprojx files keep LF when checked-out to working dir in Windows too (line endings in "standard" text files are changed to CRLF on checkout).

The same happens to the uvprojx genertaed by STM32CubeMX.

But if I re-generate it, the file is generating using CRLF and so git show the file as modified.

Is it possible having it fixed in the next STM32CubeMX release?

1 REPLY 1
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @vix​ 

First let me thank you for posting.

This behavior is raised internally to be reviewed. I'll keep you posted with the updates.

Internal ticket number: 138223 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Kind regards,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.