cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make porting between different cpu when the pinout is not the same

Odor.1
Associate

hello,

is't possible to make porting between different cpu using cubeMX ( and using the import option) when the pinout are not compatible? 

i'm interesting to porting project that running on stm32h743(BGA package with 176 pinout) to stm32743ZIT ( LQFP package with 144 pin)

the main relevant difference is that in the cpu with 176 pins, there is another port, Port H . 

therefore, the cpu's are not pin compatible. 

i use the use cubemx (version 6.0.0 ) and using import option . 

and of course that nothing map to Port H . 

but while i generate code , i pay attention that in the init_gpio file, there is a code that try to configure Port H which is not exist in stm32743ZIT ( LQFP package with 144 pin) 

so, what is wrong? 

and how to fix it? 

regards.

1 REPLY 1

Hello @Odor.1​,

Let me first welcome you to the STM32 Community 😊

In fact, STM32CubeMX allows loading a project configuration on an MCU of the same Series ( no matter the package). When importing your project, a message warns you that the currently selected MCU (stm32743ZIT; LQFP package with 144 pin) differs from the one specified in the .ioc file (stm32h743; BGA package with 176 pinout) and several import options are proposed (Automatic project import or Manual project import).

Actually I have tried a simple use case from my side, trying to import a project created with STM32H743IITx MCU to the STM32H743ZITx (in my case PH4 was assigned to GPIO_Output). Thus, a conflict occurs and a cross sign indicates that there is a pinout conflict and that the configuration can not be imported as such:

0693W000008wvVyQAI.png 

Moreover, when generating code for the imported project I cannot find any code section configuring/initializing port H. Only configured GPIOs are initialized.

Can you please attach your .ioc file to check from my side ?

>i use the use cubemx (version 6.0.0 )

Could you please try with the latest CubeMX version 6.2.0?

Furthermore, focusing on STM32H743ZITx MCU pinout view (as well as STM32H743xI Data Sheet Table 9. Pin/ball definition), PH0-OSC_IN(PH0) as well as PH1-OSC_OUT(PH1) pins are available in all packages including LQFP144 :

0693W000008wvQiQAI.png 

Your feedback is important to track the root cause of the issue.

Khouloud.