cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue in creating a new project

Crane
Associate III

Hello, when I tried to create an stm32 project, at the last step of generating the code, I came across this warning and the code was not generated.

0693W00000Sv770QAB.pngAfter it tried to unzip stm32cube package, it says "Target directory already exists". I did already download and unzip the package. But it seems not using that folder and files. Do I have to remove the one I unzipped and then creating the project?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Crane
Associate III

An update:

I deleted the existed directory and then it automatically downloaded and installed the software package. Then it worked.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ChahinezC
Lead

Hello @Crane​,

It seems you have the missing packages .zip files already installed in your pc.

I recommend you installing them From Local files, you can refer to the "3.4.3 Installing STM32 MCU packages" section of the UM1718.

If this solves your problem, please mark my answer as "Best Answer" by clicking on the "Select as Best" button, this can be very helpful for Community users to find this solution faster.

Thank you.

Chahinez.

Thank you @ChahinezC​ for your reply.

The package is already installed. The notification says "target directory already exists."

This is the screenshot when trying to install the package.

0693W00000SvPWwQAN.png

ChahinezC
Lead

Hi @Crane​,

In the screenshot you attached, the package installed is the STM32F4_Cube_FW V1.27.0 not the V1.27.1 required.

Thank you.

Chahinez.

Crane
Associate III

I tried to install the latest version, but got the same warning. I already moved the current version to another folder.0693W00000SvWVlQAN.pngI am wondering why it must require the latest version. And the latest version is only a patch to the last version.

Crane
Associate III

An update:

I deleted the existed directory and then it automatically downloaded and installed the software package. Then it worked.