cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to create a STM32CubeMX project from a STM32CubeIDE example?

ASter.1
Associate

Hello All,

I have an STM32WB55 Nucleo board and I want to use the BLE_HID example from the FW folder 1.12.1. I have successfully built, uploaded, and ran the example on my board, however, I am now running into 2 problems:

• If I try to copy the BLE_HID folder and paste is somewhere other than:

"/Users/<username>/STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.12.1/Projects/P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo/Applications/BLE/BLE_Hid"

the STM32CubeIDE will throw the error:

make: *** No rule to make target '/Utilities/lpm/tiny_lpm/stm32_lpm.c', needed by 'Utilities/stm32_lpm.o'. Stop.

And will not build. How do I overcome this problem?

• The BLE HID functionality is only a part of my final product, and I want to build my project starting from the example but I want to be able to use the CubeMX program. Is there a way to take the example and turn it into a CubeMX project?

Any help is appreciated!

Almog

1 REPLY 1
Mike_ST
ST Employee

1) The BLE_HID Folder is not the only part of the project:

Each project in the firmware package compiles others folders like :

Users/<username>/STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.12.1/Utilities

Users/<username>/STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.12.1/Drivers/BSP/P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo

Users/<username>/STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.12.1/Drivers/CMSIS

Users/<username>/STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.12.1/Drivers/STM32WBxx_HAL_Driver

Users/<username>/STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.12.1/Middlewares

So,

-   either you restructure the project,

-   either you just copy the entire STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.12.1 folder, all Projects excluding the BLE_Hid one

and delete the uneeded folders in Users/<username>/STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.12.1/Drivers/BSP/

2) Unless there is an .ioc file, there is no automatic tool to do that. Everything would be manual.