cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a known project for the STM32H747I-Eval board that uses the ethernet stack on board?

jmorganj
Associate III

I am using the stm32h757i-Eval board and am trying to get a simple Ethernet LWIP application running. I am also using native Ubuntu 18.04. I have the H7 CubeMX repo v1.10.0. I am running the project in STM32CubeIDE. I have verified both the IDE and CubeMX are up to date.

I followed the directions given here. The exception is that I'm using the RMII interface and that I'm using the crystal oscillator as my clock source. Otherwise, the rest of the directions were not difficult to follow. On my board, jumper JP5 is set to pins 2 and 3 to allow the 50Mhz signal to be generated by the pin PC8.

My application builds and uploads to the evaluation board. I can also run it, but when I try to ping the address given in the linked setup, I always get "Host Unreachable" (ping 192.168.1.10) or when using "netcat –ul 55151

" I get service "-ul unkown". 192.168.1.10 is what I set the IP address to under the LWIP settings and disabled DHCP as instructed. I also statically set the IP address of my laptop to 192.168.1.1 which is what is specified in the code portion of the setup.0693W00000NsqBGQAZ.pngI'm happy to provide any .ioc file data or regular project code snippets if it is a matter of debugging and there are not existent examples available.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jmorganj
Associate III

First, the static ip should be set to something else. I changed it to 192.168.1.100. The directions from the linked post work pretty well. What is not said, is that for the STM32H7x7xi-eval board, is that you should set jumper JP5 to the MCO side. Also, use RMII for the ethernet protocol. Under RCC, no need to disable or bypass HSE or LSE. Just use the crystal oscillators on board and enable Master Clock Output 1. Also, CMSIS v2 can be used.

Note, that the LWIP will cause issues and will not build right out of the box. Check this post for fixing problems with multiple definitions of errno.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jmorganj
Associate III

First, the static ip should be set to something else. I changed it to 192.168.1.100. The directions from the linked post work pretty well. What is not said, is that for the STM32H7x7xi-eval board, is that you should set jumper JP5 to the MCO side. Also, use RMII for the ethernet protocol. Under RCC, no need to disable or bypass HSE or LSE. Just use the crystal oscillators on board and enable Master Clock Output 1. Also, CMSIS v2 can be used.

Note, that the LWIP will cause issues and will not build right out of the box. Check this post for fixing problems with multiple definitions of errno.