cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import project using STM32CubeMX V. 6.3.0 does not work.

GS1
Senior III

When trying to import a working project (STM32H7A3VITx processor) the import function is locking up and does not finish.

Please see attached file which can not be imported.

BR GS

5 REPLIES 5
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @GS@S​ ,

This is known limitations with STM32CubeMX (as mentionned in the RN0094 Release note STM32CubeMX release 6.3.0) :

When selecting dual-core microcontrollers in the STM32H7 Series:

Import from and to dual-core STM32H7 is not supported.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

STM32H7A3 is a single core line processor (please see your overview of STM32H7 Series) . So there must be another reason.

I'm checking with your ioc file and I will come back to you soon with update.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

I have the same behavior with "Import" project, and it is blocked.

I raised this issue internally to CubeMx team for review.

Thanks @GS@S​ for your contribution.

Hello @Khouloud OTHMAN​ ,

Can you please check and confirm this issue.

Thanks

Imen

Thanks
Imen

Hello @GS@S​ ,

Thanks for having reported.

Actually you're right, I can confirm that trying to import your attached project "xProGPS_nano_V5.ioc", STM32CubeMX will take an eternity to import it to a new MCU.

This behavior is somewhat related to the project you're trying to import because as far as I can see many peripherals are configured and almost all the pins are assigned:

0693W00000D18VLQAZ.png 

Not being able to import this project doesn't mean that the Import project feature of STM32CubeMX is unfunctional since other project with simpler configuration can be imported successfully. But, it will be better to add a warning message or display a tooltip to warn users of this behavior.

With this being said, I'll bring it up internally to see how we can address a modification.

Otherwise, you can attempt to import a subset of your xProGPS_nano_V5 project by using Manual Import. in this case, checkboxes allow you to manually select the set of peripherals.

From my side, I have tried to uncheck "Import Peripherals Configuration" and in this case the project has been imported:

0693W00000D18YQQAZ.png 

Furthermore, you can use List Pinout Compatible MCUs feature:

0693W00000D18hvQAB.png 

To explain briefly its functionalities, for a non-empty project, the Pinout Compatible ensures that Modes and Signals mapped on Pins in the project are also mappable on the equivalent Pins in the targeted MCU. Clicking “OK, Import�? button, it will assure the import of the same pin configuration (same signals assignment and not IPs configuration).

For more details you can refer to the STM32CubeMX User Manual.

Hope this clarifies the situation.

Khouloud.