cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install a patch offline in the STM32Cube IDE?

jg_spitfire
Senior

in https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcu-mpu-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-mcu-mpu-packages/stm32cubef4.html there are the MCU package and the patch, the first can be installed from CUBE IDE with "manage embedded software packages" but when I select the second the tool says that is not a compatible file

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jg_spitfire
Senior

Hi, I already had installed (using the "from local" option) the stm32cube_fw_f4_v1270.zip, but when I chose the patch (using the "from local" option) I got this error:0693W00000Su4XmQAJ.pngI just have downloaded both files using the "manage embedded software packages" and let cubeide automatically detects there is a new version (patch) and install it, now works

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Please check twice that the patch has major an minor version numbers same as the "base" package.

For example if the base package is 1.26.0 then the patch must be 1.26.1 or 1.26.2 but not 1.27.1.

Unzip the patch zip into a temporary directory. Check that no errors occurred during unzip.

Then copy the patch subtree over the "base" package, let it overwrite package.xml and other files.

Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @jg_spitfire​ 

While reproducing the issue you encountered I had the following issue when installing the 1.27.1 patch:

0693W00000Str4wQAB.png 

If this is the issue you faced, you can follow this steps:

• Rename the FW .zip file downloaded with the correct format "stm32cube_fw_f4_v1270.zip"
  • Copy that file to the STMCube repository
  • Import the patch file with the Package manager.

Kind regards,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

jg_spitfire
Senior

Hi, I already had installed (using the "from local" option) the stm32cube_fw_f4_v1270.zip, but when I chose the patch (using the "from local" option) I got this error:0693W00000Su4XmQAJ.pngI just have downloaded both files using the "manage embedded software packages" and let cubeide automatically detects there is a new version (patch) and install it, now works

RJepp.1
Associate II

This is the same problem I was asking about in a prior question. Semer, I couldn't get your solution to work either. The only "local" file option is in the Manage Embedded Software Packages and that only seems to accept major package revisions not patches for the incremental (.1, .2, etc.) updates.

So it transpires that the patch I was attempting to install was more recent than those listed in the STM32Cube MCU Packages list, hence not being recognised. Installing an older package worked just fine. Hope this helps someone.

Glen Larson
Associate II

I couldn't make loading "From Local" work, either. A real problem as for this project all tools must be controlled.

Maybe Semer can elaborate on his proposed solution. Like where is the "STMcube repository?" Renaming the base zip and having it alongside the patch didn't work.