cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to control and manage CubeMX generated project structure ?

yuri CH
Senior

In my current project I am using CubeMX to generate the proper code and drivers for my stm32H7. 

The outcome of this generation is only a part of the needed project, I also have several SW infrastructure layers which are 

Supposed to be above the generated CubeMX code. 

Is there an efficient way to generate the project with the cube while controlling its structure?

(meaning the hierarchy and file structure of the project)

Thanks in advance,

3 REPLIES 3
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Depends on what means efficient for you. It's like in fast, good, cheap - pick any two.

yuri CH
Senior

hi 🙂

i want to create a project which contains the cubeMX generated code but this code is in a specific place hierarchy wise.

i don't want to do it by hand every time. (generating cube code -> placing it in proper directory ----> creating hierarchy ....).

perhaps this will be clearer - My main goal is to be able to generate the cubeMX code in my own template into my own specific directories. is there such an ability?

TDK
Guru

CubeMX doesn't let you configure where to put files in the hierarchy.

Personally, I would only generate CubeMX code once, move it to where you want it, then update that code manually if things change.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".