cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate I/O compensation cell.

GauravMore
Associate II

I was working with the test code of QSPI. I generated the code using the latest STM CUBMX ver 1.10.1.

But after generation also it didn’t worked. Then I compared the code with the sample test code.

There I found the below mentioned code patch in the SystemClock_Config function.  

Note : The activation of the I/O Compensation Cell is recommended with communication interfaces    (GPIO, SPI, FMC, QSPI ...) when operating at high frequencies(please refer to product datasheet)
          The I/O Compensation Cell activation procedure requires :
        - The activation of the CSI clock
        - The activation of the SYSCFG clock
        - Enabling the I/O Compensation Cell : setting bit[0] of register SYSCFG_CCCSR
 */
  /*activate CSI clock mondatory for I/O Compensation Cell*/
  __HAL_RCC_CSI_ENABLE() ;
   /* Enable SYSCFG clock mondatory for I/O Compensation Cell */
  __HAL_RCC_SYSCFG_CLK_ENABLE() ;
  /* Enables the I/O Compensation Cell */
  HAL_EnableCompensationCell();

After adding the above mentioned code the generated code worked as expected. But I wonder that this code is not generated by the code generator.

Since it is recommended as per the note mentioned above. I also tried to find as where we can change this setting but was not able to find the same.

Can anyone guide as to where this I/O compensation cell can be activated using the code generator.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aymen ABBES
ST Employee

Hello @GauravMore​,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

I reported internally.

Internal ticket number: 138890 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Aymen

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Aymen ABBES
ST Employee

Hello @GauravMore​,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

I reported internally.

Internal ticket number: 138890 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Aymen