cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I set Interrupt priority with STM32CubeMX 6.0.1?

Mike xx
Associate III

If I natigate to "Pinout & Configuration > System Core > NVIC" I get a table of interrupts. This table shows those which have been enabled, their preemption priority and subpriority. Some of the priority entries have a note "Managed by RTOS". Yes I am using FreeRTOS Middleware.

On the whole I am inpressed how integrated things are but to my dismay I cannot alter the Priorities from "0". This means there will be a failue if any FreeRTOS function is called during an interrupt such as giving a semaphore "xSemaphoreGiveFromISR()". FreeRTOS checks the priority of interrupt and if a higher priority than a set level will apply an assert.

I can manually set the priority but that has to be done every time I run STM32CubeMX and not desirable.

How can I enter the correct priority and more's the point why is it set to 0, when MX has already decided the highest allowed?

One thing to note is that this project has been upgraded from earlier versions and I'm wondering if this is an associated issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mike xx
Associate III

I'm not sure what I was doing wrong, but after s restart of the PC I can now change this field.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mike xx
Associate III

I'm not sure what I was doing wrong, but after s restart of the PC I can now change this field.