cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I install and use X-CUBE-EEPROM middleware in STM32CubeIDE ?

Tom MacDonald
Associate III

I am using STM32CubeIDE_v1.9.0 and  STM32CubeMX version 6.5.0

I would like to use the X-CUBE-EEPROM product

Here is the message I get when I try to manually install the downloaded expansion pack (from this link) using the Embedded Software Packages Manager and the From Local... Button:

0693W00000KcJNjQAN.png 

0693W00000KcJO3QAN.png 

0693W00000KcJNPQA3.png 

0693W00000KcJO9QAN.png 

What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OK, but unfortunately, you are confusing the terms a bit here and you will probably only understand this if you delve a little into the history: CUBE packages were made available long before the introduction of the free GUI STM32CubeIDE and could not be installed in STM32CubeMX at that time. However, it was already quite easy to integrate the file structure of the CUBE package into one's own project, even those provided by external developers are often integrated in this way. Information on this can be found in UM2312, UM2385 and UM2388.

Newer CUBE packages from ST are then gradually made installable in CubeMX/IDE.

By the way, the X-CUBE-EEPROM package also contains sample projects for several families, which you can import and test directly from the extracted file structure.

Hope I could help a little?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

You have mixed up the software packages and downloaded/tried to install the wrong one:

Good luck!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
I want to do eeprom emulation.
If MX-CUBE-EEPROM does not work with MX-CUBE then why does it have an "MX-CUBE" in the name?
Can you understand my confusion? If it's not an installable package for mxq then what is it?
EEPRMA driver is for working with external EEPROM chips as far as I can tell.
Which package should I install to STM cube32 IDE if I want to do EEPROM emulation using internal device Flash and how do I install the package?

OK, but unfortunately, you are confusing the terms a bit here and you will probably only understand this if you delve a little into the history: CUBE packages were made available long before the introduction of the free GUI STM32CubeIDE and could not be installed in STM32CubeMX at that time. However, it was already quite easy to integrate the file structure of the CUBE package into one's own project, even those provided by external developers are often integrated in this way. Information on this can be found in UM2312, UM2385 and UM2388.

Newer CUBE packages from ST are then gradually made installable in CubeMX/IDE.

By the way, the X-CUBE-EEPROM package also contains sample projects for several families, which you can import and test directly from the extracted file structure.

Hope I could help a little?

Regards

/Peter

This is a fantastic answer. Thank you!