cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i generate an IAR project with STCube IDE? (Solved)

SoftwareGuy
Associate II

I have the latest version of the STMCube IDE as of 6/22/20. I have a project defined and I can generate the code for a Cube project. How do I get it to generate an IAR Project? (an EWARM) directory)

If I go to Project Manager | Code Generator, there is a ToolChain/IDE pulldown menu that is grayed out.

I remembered on an older version of STCube it was easy to generate the EWARM directory. How do I do it now?

3 REPLIES 3
berendi
Principal

There is STM32CubeMX which can generate projects for various IDEs including STM32CubeIDE and Ewarm.

STM32CubeIDE starts STM32CubeMX preset to generate projects for itself. It would make little sense to generate a project in one IDE for an other incomatible one.

So try the standalone STM32CubeMX instead.

> I have the latest version of the STMCube IDE as of 6/22/20.

Could you PM me with the lottery winning numbers from that week pls :)

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

​Hello @SoftwareGuy​ ,

As @berendi​ said  , So this's the link of Stm32CubeMX 5.6.1 version : https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/development-tools/software-development-tools/stm32-software-development-tools/stm32-configurators-and-code-generators/stm32cubemx.html#overview

An other info, if you have already configured your  project with CubeIDE and you want to use other IDE, so after the download of CubeMX, just go to your project location and open the .ioc file , it will be automatically loaded on CubeMX.

Best Regards,

Khouloud

SoftwareGuy
Associate II

I had forgotten that CubeIDE does not have the same functions as CubeMX, even though they have the same Project Manager menu. I used MX and everything now works. Thanks for the help.