cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default system clock on NUCLEO-F767ZI

GGran.2
Associate II

Good morning,

in the user manual "STM32 Nucleo-144 boards" is written that the HSE clock is linked to a 8 MHz oscillator. But when I enable the HSE clock in the .ioc file, the value is 25 MHz. I don't understand if the HSE clock is 8 MHz or 25 MHz.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I reproduced the behavior and getting the same screenshot as you got.

Seems you selected to Start from the MCU part number and not from the board and this is normal behavior.

The default clock source is HSI.

Hope I answered your question.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

On Nucleo boards it is usually 8 MHz. If documentation of your Nucleo says 8, change the value in the CubeMX clock editor.

Thank you for the answer, but if the clock is 8 MHz, why in the .ioc file opened with STM32CubeIDE the clock is 25MHz?

Hello @GGran.2 ,

Could you please describe how you did reproduce the behavior?

This is a screen shot of CubeMx starting a project from a board: NUCLEO-F767ZI.

Generated view starting a project from stand alone CubeMx:

SofLit_0-1727441937534.png

Generated view from CubeIDE (integrated CubeMx):

SofLit_0-1727442837671.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
GGran.2
Associate II

This is the screen of CubeMX for NUCLEO-F767ZI. Maybe it is not visible, but the number for HSE is 25

Immagine 2024-09-27 151305.png

How you did start your project?

GGran.2
Associate II

In two manners, but the result was the same:

- I opened a new project with STM32CubeIDE by selecting NUCLEO-F767ZI as board

- I opened a new project with STM32CubeMX by selecting NUCLEO-F767ZI as board

What versions are you using?

The above screenshots I shared respectively: 

CubeMx 6.12.1 (stand alone)

CubeIDE 1.15.1

CubeMX 6.6.1

CubeIDE 1.15.1

Your CubeMx has an old version.

For CubeIDE I didn't reproduce the behavior from my side, the clock is set at 8 as you can see from above.

Also from you screenshot you shared it doesn't seem to be generated from a board! but may be from the MCU part number.