cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX won't install on macos Sonoma 14.2.1

ubaldot
Senior

I downloaded CubeMX and I followed the instructions on the attached Readme.html.

I run it by ctrl-click and then select Open to mark the author as trusted, but then nothing happens. 

Does anyone encountered the same problem? How did you solve it? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Don't panic. I'm using 6.10.0 on MacOS 14.2.1. It works.

The installer makes the OS complain that the app can't be opened because the file isn't signed, none of the permissions is set properly, and it bounces off of the installers.

Try and fire up the installer and watch it fail miserably.

Go into <Apple><System Settings...><Privacy & Security> and scroll down to the bottom where it will say that the file was blocked, and hit <open anyway>

put in your password or scan your finger or whatever you need to do.

Fire up the installer again and won't work.

Control-click does nothing useful.

Now for the useful part.

Fire up a terminal, cd into Downloads and then into the folder that holds the installer for CubeMX-6.10.0.

Now, cd into the application (yeah, this is weird) cd SetupSTM32CubeMX-6.10.0.app/Contents/MacOS/SetupSTM32CubeMX-6_10_0

start up the installer:

./SetupSTM32CubeMX-6_10_0

This will blow up. It's silently not liking the permissions on the version of java that ST bundled with the installer. So, once again,

Go into <Apple><System Settings...><Privacy & Security> and scroll down to the bottom where it will say that java was blocked, and hit <open anyway>

Then start the installer for a second time:

This should have the installer GUI pop up on your screen and it should be willing to install.

You should have a, mostly, usable version of CubeMX, but you won't be able to see any files on your system. Cube has not been given permission to mess around with files yet (ask someone who has been hacked by a trojan if this is a good idea, they'll say "hell yes!").

Go into <Apple><System Settings...><Privacy & Security><Full Disk Access> and hit + and add CubeMX from your applications folder. Suddenly you'll be able to roam around and open files.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Mahmoud Ben Romdhane
ST Employee

Hello @ubaldot ,

First let me thank you for posting and welcome to the ST Community.

I suggest that you provide the STM32CubeMx version. 

Knowing that STM32CubeMX is supported on macOS® 13 (Ventura).

Thanks.

Mahmoud.

ubaldot
Senior

Thanks! The version is 6.10.0. 

Don't panic. I'm using 6.10.0 on MacOS 14.2.1. It works.

The installer makes the OS complain that the app can't be opened because the file isn't signed, none of the permissions is set properly, and it bounces off of the installers.

Try and fire up the installer and watch it fail miserably.

Go into <Apple><System Settings...><Privacy & Security> and scroll down to the bottom where it will say that the file was blocked, and hit <open anyway>

Fire up the installer again and won't work.

Control-click does nothing useful.

Now for the useful part.

Fire up a terminal, cd into Downloads and then into the folder that holds the installer for CubeMX-6.10.0.

Now, cd into the application (yeah, this is weird) cd SetupSTM32CubeMX-6.10.0.app/Contents/MacOS/SetupSTM32CubeMX-6_10_0

start up the installer:

This will blow up. It's silently not liking the permissions on the version of java that ST bundled with the installer. So, once again,

Go into <Apple><System Settings...><Privacy & Security> and scroll down to the bottom where it will say that java was blocked, and hit <open anyway>

Then start the installer for a second time:

This should have the installer GUI pop up on your screen and it should be willing to install.

You should have a, mostly, usable version of CubeMX, but you won't be able to see any files on your system. Cube has not been given permission to mess around with files yet (ask someone who has been hacked by a trojan if this is a good idea, they'll say "hell yes!").

Go into <Apple><System Settings...><Privacy & Security><Full Disk Access> and hit + and add CubeMX from your applications folder. Suddenly you'll be able to roam around and open files.

ubaldot
Senior

You made my day! Thanks! 

Hello, 
I got the same issue, and followed up your instruction, but I still get no luck. this is what I can show.

截屏2024-02-20 下午10.45.48.png

Please help.

Thank you

Thomas

Try to right click on the CubeMX setup icon/Show package content and then reach the final destination through finder. Once there, right click on the path shown below and click open in Terminal. 

ubaldot_0-1708498668159.png

Hello,

Thank you for the help, I solved the issue too.