cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX interface bug

AndriikoM
Associate II

I've been having problems with the CubeMX interface for quite some time now, starting 1-2 years before Windows 11 was released.
The problem with the interface can appear both after 10-15 minutes of working in CubeMX and immediately after starting the program.
I always use the latest versions of CubeMX.
The problem remained after:
- updating CubeMX;
- reinstalling CubeMX;
- updating Java SE JDK 16 to Java SE JDK 20;
- Updating Windows 10 to the current Windows 11
- Changes to video cards gt250 -> rx450 -> gtx960

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

So you say that the video hardware configuration is trivial, nothing complicated. Then, sorry to break bad news.... this looks very much like malware playing tricks with the video buffer (records the screen, or modifies or whatever). Or admin-ware spying on employees.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @AndriikoM, to the community!

CubeMX has not needed an additional Java engine for some time now, but already includes the necessary JRE in the installation package. Your additional JDK could collide with the co-installed JRE and cause these effects. Please remove the JDK from the path as a test, so that it is not called by CubeMX by mistake.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for your quick response.
However, after uninstalling JDK the problem remained.
It is desirable to leave the JDK, as I sometimes work in Android Studio and IntelliJ IDEA.

Regards
/Andrii

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Does your PC have a dual video adapter? (for example Intel on-chip video + Nvidia or Radeon)? Multiple monitors?

I have one NVidia GTX960 video adapter. My CPU does not have a video core - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X. I have one monitor connected.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

So you say that the video hardware configuration is trivial, nothing complicated. Then, sorry to break bad news.... this looks very much like malware playing tricks with the video buffer (records the screen, or modifies or whatever). Or admin-ware spying on employees.