cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cubeMX 6.4 dialog box breaks command line build

JulienD
Senior

Hello

Version 6.4.0 (and maybe some versions before) introduces an ugly dialog box when generating code. This dialog box breaks command line generation because it needs

somebody to click.

Can it be replaced by a warning in the logs?

Thanks

Julien

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @Julien D_Oevillers​ ,

Thanks for your feedback,

The warning message shows up only when the user choose TrueStudio, SW4STM32 and GPDSC, it guides the user to change the IDE simply because in the near future these IDEs will no longer be supported with the upcoming CubeMX versions. When this happen it will no longer be possible to migrate an old .ioc file and use it with a new version.

This is the best way to inform the user about the upcoming change because it insists on the information and most importantly it is visible.

Thanks for your suggestion and I hope by this reply I answer your question.

If you issue is solved, please close this post by clicking the "Select as Best" button. This will help other members of the community find this response more quickly 🙂

Sara.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @Julien D_Oevillers​ ,

Thanks for your feedback,

The warning message shows up only when the user choose TrueStudio, SW4STM32 and GPDSC, it guides the user to change the IDE simply because in the near future these IDEs will no longer be supported with the upcoming CubeMX versions. When this happen it will no longer be possible to migrate an old .ioc file and use it with a new version.

This is the best way to inform the user about the upcoming change because it insists on the information and most importantly it is visible.

Thanks for your suggestion and I hope by this reply I answer your question.

If you issue is solved, please close this post by clicking the "Select as Best" button. This will help other members of the community find this response more quickly 🙂

Sara.