cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cube MX Code Generation for TrueStudio not generating project files

Benjamin Brammer
Senior II

Hey guys,

I have a very big problem. For a reason I don't understand, my CubeMX project which worked really fine and had no problem at all did now get the following error as I was regenerating code (I did this a hundreds of times without problem but since last thursday I get this error) : "The code has successfully been generated under ... but STUDIOproject generation have a problem".

Since then my project is not working correctly anymore. For example my UART is not transmitting any data correctly but receiving. I tried to just save the project new and generate new code but the problem is the same and no TrueStudio project is generated.

I noticed that STM made an update for CubeMX (5.00) and so I installed it and updated all the firmware packages and migrated my project in hope that this might correct the error but nothing changed.

Now I don't know what to do. How do I get my project to work normal again? I also tried to make a new empty project with True Studio and just copy the generated files like my src and inc code and the driver folder. But when compilying, True Studio every time reports different errors of .h files it doesn't find..which are included in the ressource tab in the project setting.

I desperately need help with this, please!

best regards

Benjamin

13 REPLIES 13

OK.. I don't understand the error yet, but it has something to do with the debug session. I tried to let my STM32 run without debugging and the UART works absolutely fine.

Might this happening because I wanted to use the SWV ? I activated it and got the problems since then.

Yes.. The problem is due to the SWV. I deactivated it and now debugging works again. Why is that?

Yep! It was the SWV. I deactivated it again and debugging is working now. Could anyone tell me why this is the case?

The faulty UART behaviour had something to do with the addressed UART Slave device. Now everything works fine again! But I didn't try to activate SWV again..never touch a running system, you know..