cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configUSE_TASK_NOTIFICATIONS

Gert_Lauritsen
Associate

you have to put "#define configUSE_TASK_NOTIFICATIONS 1" into FreeRTOSConfig.h to make notification to work.

Even cube has enabled the funktion. Cube removes the line every time its saves the project.

4 REPLIES 4
Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello @Gert_Lauritsen

Try adding it to the "User Code Begin" or "User Code End" sections of the FreeRTOSConfig.h file, which are not modified by CubeMX

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Bob S
Principal

I haven't tried this on an F7 with newer CubeMX, but in CubeMX 6.3, configUSE_TASK_NOTIFICATIONS is defined to 1 by default in FreeRTOS.h.  If you disable task notifications in CubeMX, it then adds

#define configUSE_TASK_NOTIFICATIONS 0

in FreeRTOSConfig.h.

Check your Middlewares\ThirdParty\FreeRTOS\Source\include\FreeRTOS.h and see if it has the default value there.

It's not because I have to set it in config file ( now that I know it). just that cube says it should have been set.

And normally a default value

Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello @Gert_Lauritsen,

I've reproduced the issue and reported it internally (Internal ticket number 166614

Sorry for the inconvenience, I will keep you updated

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.