cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration problem with x-cube-ble1 and Stm32cubeMx 5.6.1. Incompatibility problem?

Izitop
Associate

Hi,

I am a newbie on microcontroller but, I can read / write on the GPIO port and control a servo motor in PWM with a timer.

Now, I am starting to play around with ST BLE for control the GPIO port and servo motor.

I use:

• Nucleo-F401RE
  • X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1 board.

To check my hardware and configation, I tested the demo programs and everything works fine.

Now, I would like to create my application using the X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1 board.

To configure the Nucleo-F401RE, I use Stm32CubeMx 5.6.1.

0693W000001qREhQAM.jpg

I installed :

• STM32F4 1.25.0 Package

0693W000001qRFQQA2.jpg

• X-Cube-BLE1 5.0.0 stack and sample applications for BlueNRG-MS module.

0693W000001qRFbQAM.jpg

I created a new project and followed the configuration procedure indicated in the document:

• "Getting started with the STMicroelectronics X-CUBE-BLE1 software package for STM32CubeMX"

• I fine this document here:
    • C: \ STM32Cubeprojects \ Packs \ STMicroelectronics \ X-CUBE-BLE1 \ 5.0.0 \ Documentation

At the end of the configuration procedure, in the "Project Manager -> Advanced setting" tab I should get this:

0693W000001qRKGQA2.jpg

But I get this:

0693W000001qRKzQAM.jpg

Why am I missing functions in "Generated function calls"?

By going in "Additional software", at the level of the configuration of X-CUBE-BLE1 I notice that I have purple crosses in front of Controller and HCI_TL.

In "Warning", it says "This component has unresolvable dependencies".

0693W000001qROSQA2.jpg

Why do I have purple crosses in front of Controller and HCI_TL?

I think my problem comes from there.

Could you help me please?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hi @Izitop​ ,

Sorry for the delay, I recommend you to use the latest version of CubeMX 6.1.0 with the X-Cube-BLE1 6.1.0 version, there's some issues in the previous version which are now fixed, so normally you won't get purple crosses with your setup.

For the missing functions, you need to select a BLE1-application and configure it under X-Cube-BLE1 6.1.0 Mode and config panel to Generate Mx_.._Init and MX_.._process functions according to your application.

0693W000006E4kjQAC.pngHope this information has helped you.

Khouloud

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hi @Izitop​ ,

Sorry for the delay, I recommend you to use the latest version of CubeMX 6.1.0 with the X-Cube-BLE1 6.1.0 version, there's some issues in the previous version which are now fixed, so normally you won't get purple crosses with your setup.

For the missing functions, you need to select a BLE1-application and configure it under X-Cube-BLE1 6.1.0 Mode and config panel to Generate Mx_.._Init and MX_.._process functions according to your application.

0693W000006E4kjQAC.pngHope this information has helped you.

Khouloud