cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication between Cores with FreeRTOS on STM32H747i-Discovery, How can I adjust the example "FreeRTOS_AMP_Dual-RTOS", which is designed for the STM32H745-Dicovery board?

JSchn.4
Associate III

Hi there,

I am experimenting with the H747i-DISCO board to get the communication between two cores up and running. The mentioned example (github) is written for a slightly different board, the STM32H745-Discovery, so it should be not too difficult to adjust this example to the STM32H747-Discovery. But I am fairly new to the STM32 board and especially to the STM32CubeIDE.

So, your advice will be highly appreciated!

Greetings from Hannover, Germany!

Johannes

22 REPLIES 22
Ons KOOLI
Senior III

Hi @JSchn.4​ ,

You can do this and it should be easy, by a simple porting. What IDE are using ?

Best Regards,

Ons.

JSchn.4
Associate III

Thank you very much for your quick response!

I am using STM32CubeIDE (latest version)

The H747 and H745 should be relatively similar, the former mainly adding DSI, the inter-core stuff should be a cut-n-paste.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
JSchn.4
Associate III

@Community member​ Thank you very much for your comment. I agree! But unfortunately I am new to STM32 environment. I have just got accustomed to the STMEWCubeIDE and appreciate the features, that MX is providing.

Unfortunately the example does not provide an .ioc file, so that I do not know how to access the example with CubeMX. I know, it should be possible and it should not be to complicated, but I wonder if somebody has already experience in porting such a project.

Cheers

Johannes

JSchn.4
Associate III

@Ons KOOLI​ Hi Ons, how can the porting in STM32CubeIDE be done?

Thanks for your support.

Johannes

Hi @JSchn.4​ ,

I do not have big idea about STM32CubeIDE because I am an MCU staff. But as I far as I know it is easy and possible for CubeMX.

I will check this with my CubeIDE and Mx colleagues and provide you with solution as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Ons.

Hi @JSchn.4​ ,

Well, after checking with the team I am sorry to inform you that target update is not supported with STM32CubeIDE.

I know this is possible with EWARM and MDK-ARM (see this link). It is also possible with Mx (File --> Import project).

Best Regards,

Ons.

I do not want to switch IDE, since I am generally speaking very happy with STM32CubeIDE. But I will follow the MX File Import, let's see how that works.

Thanks a lot!

Johannes

Hi @JSchn.4​ ,

The File --> Import project option provided by Mx allow users to migrate from STM32 series to another one by using the .ioc file. Therefore, this is not possible in your case, since there is no .ioc file in the example.

What I propose for you (and I am not sure about that, it is just what comes up to my mind), is to start a new clean project from scratch with cubeIDE and choose the device you want to work with from the beginning, and then try to copy/paste code from the other project, and change what should be changed to fit your device settings (for example pins configurations, header files names, etc ..). If you choose this method, and face any problem, please share it to help you do your porting ��

Best Regards,

Ons.