cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't start. Getting message, "The registry refers to a nonexistent Java Runtime Environment installation or the runtime is corrupted."

CYewe
Associate II

Using Windows 7, 64 bit. Installed Keil uVision5 first and can run. Install of STM32CubeMX had no issues but can't run the application. Have updated Java, uninstalled CubeMX and reinstalled CubeMX and getting the same message. Not sure about editing the registry -- don't want to screw it up. Any help would be great. Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

​Hi @CYewe​ 

I redid the same scenario described: i used Windows 7, 64 bit. Updated the version of Java (Version 8 Update 201) from this link:

https://www.java.com/en/download/windows-64bit.jsp

Installed Keil uVision5 then the STM32CubeMX ==> Everything is working correctly.

Regards,

Nesrine.

CYewe
Associate II

Hi Nesrine,

Thank you for your help and time on this issue. I installed Java from the link you provided and STM32CubeMX is now working. And I have my Nucleo board running code! I must have been trying to use a 32bit version of Java, or something. Thanks also to Clive Two.Zero and the ST Community!

I think the larger problem is the ability to diagnose what's wrong with systems in the field, where you're likely to find a much broader set of circumstances. Especially the ability to unpack "The registry refers to a nonexistent Java Runtime Environment installation or the runtime is corrupted." where it outputs the keys and values in the registry it is complaining about, and checking the existence of the file specified. And to check if any secondary registry entries point to valid installations.

The issue is not the 99.99% of systems on which it functions, but the 0.01% where it doesn't. Ones where "try reinstalling" and expecting different results.

You also want something that can fix or cleanup broken environments, or automates the process.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..