cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can stm32f103cbt6 usb work under HSI clock?

sheng yang
Associate III

I use stm32CubeMX to generate usb code with HSI clock.Though I can config with usb clock to 48MHz, But stm32CubeMX software display there is clock issue as below:

shengyang_0-1721886626870.png

So I wonder can stm32f103cbt6 usb work under HSI clock?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It may work, but the clock is not sufficiently accurate under all conditions and therefore performance is not guaranteed by ST. Expect it to fail at some point. Performance of the HSI is not that impressive.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

The STM32F103 does not support crystal-less USB and CubeMX is correct to flag this as an error.

TDK_0-1721915723877.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

But today I found my board (I designed this to achive USB convert to LoRa) without HSE , and I use HSI to generate 48MHz clock to USB, the usb with this board can still be identified by PC.

shengyang_0-1721947798138.png

Screenshot from 2024-07-26 06-12-51.png

It may work, but the clock is not sufficiently accurate under all conditions and therefore performance is not guaranteed by ST. Expect it to fail at some point. Performance of the HSI is not that impressive.

ok,I get it.thanks for your reply.