cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug using CubeMx "User Actions" feature

Jdescot
Associate II

I started using the new "User Actions" feature, and it seems that there's an issue with the function that allows running a script after code generation. I managed to make the feature work without any problems when the "Window -> Outputs" option is checked. However, when it's unchecked, CubeMx completely freezes. In such cases, you have to terminate its process through the task manager, which is not desirable.

For information, I use ".bat" file. CubeMx version 6.9.2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello,

The issue is escalated to the developers and it's under investigation.

Internal ticket number: 164200 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

BR,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Jdescot 

Thank you for having reported the issue.

I escalated this internally to STM32CubeMx team for check and will come back to you soon with update.

Thanks

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @Jdescot 

First let me thank you for posting.
Could you share the content of the script you are using. In fact at the moment CubeMX have an issue under investigation about "Pause" command in the script.

KR,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Jdescot
Associate II

cubemx_post_gen should be ".bat" file. 

Example of content : 

C: & cd C:\repo\simple_project & powershell -command "remref"

remref content (it's a powershell function) :

function RemoveReference([String]$repo, [String]$project)
{
$PSDefaultParameterValues = @{ '*:Encoding' = 'utf8' }

$file_name = ".cproject"

$regex_replace = "\t+<listOptionValue builtIn.+\/Users\/.+"

(Get-Content $file_name) -replace $regex_replace, '' | Set-Content $file_name

(gc $file_name) | ? { $_.trim() -ne "" } | set-content $file_name
}
New-Alias -Name remref -Value RemoveReference -Option AllScope

As you can see, there is no "Pause" related function.

Thank you,

Joël

Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello,

The issue is escalated to the developers and it's under investigation.

Internal ticket number: 164200 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

BR,

Semer.

Jdescot
Associate II

Any update ?

Any updates ?

Thank you !

Hell @Jdescot 

Sorry for the delay to respond.

The case is under investigation by our teams. I will keep you updated when the fix is implemented.

KR,
Semer.