cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug? Pxy_C may not alternate function if Pxy is set to ADC-In (PA0_C, PA1_C, PC2_C, PC3_C)

grafmar
Associate

In CubeMX 6.6.0 and also 6.6.1 there is a bug, in my opinion.

Most likely this came with the latest Fix 34380 (Alternate functions in PA0, PA1, PC2 and PC3 are not available in PA0_C, PA1_C, PC2_C and PC3_C GPIOs)

Selecting STM32H750XBH6 (TFBGA 240+25) in CubeMX then directly selecting alternate functions for PA0_C and PA0:

Is selecting TIM2_CH1 for PA0_C, the alternate functions are not available anymore on PA0, which is correct. (The same thing if defining PA0 first)

0693W00000QKjbQQAT.pngBut if PA0 is defined as ADC-input the alternate functions are still available on PA0_C, which is not possible following the pin diagram

0693W00000QKjcYQAT.pngsee pin diagram from Knowledge Base Default State of STM32H7 switches connecting Pxy_C and Pxy pads:

This also happens if selecting the modules in a certain order:

• ADC1: IN16
  • Debug: JTAG with Trace Synchro (4bits)
  • TIM2: PWM CH1

0693W00000QKjgzQAD.pngThis results in non functioning generated code (in my opinion - did not test)

May this be set as bug report?

1 REPLY 1
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @grafmar​ 

First let me welcome you to STM32 Community and thank you for having reported 😊

Actually you're right, I've been able to reproduce the same misbehavior from my side when using the same configuration as you.

With this being said, this problem is raised internally to be reviewed. I'll keep you posted with the updates.

Internal ticket number: 131671 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thanks for your contribution.

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.