Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG: CubeIDE 1.1.0 hangs on debug "detach"

Using Segger j-link on F437.

STM32CubeIDE Version: 1.1.0

Build: 4551_20191014-1140 (UTC)

Java version: 1.8.0_202

When debugging, clicking on the "Detach" icon hangs the IDE, and I have to then kill it with Task Manager. It does this typically after asking about scalability or similar as below (image captured prior killing IDE with task manager).

0690X00000AqSMOQA3.png

The previous version had a different slightly less annoying bug:

0690X00000AqSLzQAN.png

Please confirm you can reproduce and a ticket created,

Thanks,

Best Regards, Dave

3 REPLIES 3

@Markus GIRDLAND​ ? Anybody there?

PS: If the first dialog is disabled in a different context with the "do not bother me again" checkbox, the 2nd problem occurs but at least the GUI doesn't hang.

Is this the same behavior as the previous thread that you reported here?

Or is this new? Because I created a ticket for that but I can add this as additional information regarding the problem.

@Markus GIRDLAND​ - It may be the same bugs though the setup is quite different.

Now I'm using a different MCU on a prototype board and using Segger J-link and (not Segger software loaded into a Nucleo eval board). It looks like there are two separate bugs:

1) If the module interrupted happens to be a huge source file and the scalability warning/settings haven't been set, the scalability dialog pops up and the GUI is completely hung.

2) Otherwise, the disconnect is not processed properly and the Failed to execute MI command pops up.

It would be great is both bugs could be fixed, I forgot I already reported a similar problem 4 months ago...

Please, get this stuff fixed! Promptly! We need this stuff to work!

Thanks,

Best Regards, Dave