cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1. B-L475E-IOT01A1 kit connectivity with AWS. 2. Modification its AWS connectivity parameters. 3. Creation of AWS connectivity parameters. 4. STM32Cube MX support with AWS cloud APIs 5. Example programs and documents

ABans.11
Associate II

I just purchased B-L475E-IOT01A1 kit. Till now I did not update its firmware and using factory program.

I tried to connect AWS cloud service but by mistake I changed its TLS security keys as well as Root Certificate files by serial terminal. Now I am not able to create new TLS and RC from Amazon site.

Please suggest what should I do to restore TLS and RC files.

Also suggest how can I create and use example projects for this kit by STM32Cube MX.

Documentation of this kit for AWS cloud is also not available.

7 REPLIES 7
ABans.11
Associate II

Able to generate AWS certificates and communicate device kit to AWS cloud demo server. So please ignore point number 1, 2 and 3 from my question. Now trying to search and work to upload demo program into IoT kit and then establish to communicate with AWS cloud demo server.

In this regard please reply of point number 4 and 5. Thanks.

Guillaume K
ST Employee

try X-CUBE-AWS version 1.4.1. Don't get version > 2.0.0 (use "Select version" on the web site).

It does not work with CubeMX. Just unzip the .zip file and open the IDE project file under Projects\B-L475E-IOT01A\Applications\Cloud\AWS. You can use EWARM, MDK-ARM or SW4STM32 project files. For STM32CubeIDE, do an import of SW4STM32 project files.

Dear Guillaume,

Thanks your suggestion, I will check example programs after downloading X-CUBE-AWS.

please provide your comments on below queries..

1. Currently X-CUBE-AWS version 1.4.1 does not have any document to use it. Please suggest if any thing we have. (ST website suggest latest version X-CUBE-AWS version 2.2.1
  2. How will we attach X-CUBE-AWS version 1.4.1 with CubeMX Embedded software package list because it do'nt show any AWS cloud package. CubeMX just show Azure cloud in its package list but not AWS.
  3. As a designer can I use this program to other microcontroller of STM32L4 series? Is it applicable for all microcontroller of STM32L4 series.
  4. Can you suggest any document which provide a way to start STM32L4 series example for AWS cloud and could be modified as per our selected microcontroller or new hardware board based on new microcontroller. (Please suggest document other than UM2178 because it have very chaos for startup as well as it is based on single micro)

Regards.

Hello

1. there is a version of UM2178 for X-CUBE-AWS 1.4.1 here : https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/x-cube-aws/blob/main/Doc/UM2178_X-Cube-AWS_V1.4.1-GettingStarted.pdf

2. X-CUBE-AWS 1.4.1 is not supported in STM32CubeMX.

3 this program is dependent from network hardware interface. On B-L475E-IOT01 it uses an external WiFi module Inventek ISM43362 installed on the board. If you choose another hardware platform you will have to do the adaptation for the networking part.

4 there is only UM2178. Could you explain more in detail the problem with this document ? is it more a problem in the configuration of the application itself ? what could have been done differently ?

Hello,

1. UM2178 version 1.4.1 looks good for beginners.
  2. ok its not supported by STM32CubeMX. I will start my experiments and development with CubeIDE and hope I will be able to customized my application as per my requirements.
  3. ok its clear. I just asked adaptation for ST micro of L4 series.
  4. Just think start up point of view. You have enough embedded experience (like me) but never worked on MQTT, Cloud, AWS, OTA, boot security etc. Then it will be felt strange. Even three different kits are merged in single document which make it more chaos.

Anyway I again say thanks to you. I started my work but not working on it full time (Sharing time with other projects). So my queries will come with gap. I hope you will not mind it. If possible please share your direct contact.

Regards,

Hello,

1. I have to upload a new firmware to the 475 kit. Is there any way to save the existing binary in case of crash?
  2. I have to transfer 1KB data to AWS server. Is it possible to transfer with existing firmware?

Regards,

gawa.1
Associate

You didn't provide any code it's tough to wager what mistakes you made, however that is in all likelihood the basis of the problems you stumble upon new solution.

ADC interrupts are rarely beneficial in practice. Either use DMA with ADC or use timer interrupt to study the result from ADC with the WAIT mode set.