cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to keep the selection of watched variables with a re-compiled binary?

tberlinghoff9
Associate

During testing I frequently make changes to the source and re-compile it using "STM32CubeIde". Now, when trying to add/remove a variable from the watchlist ("variables" node in STM32CubeMon), I get the following message and my previous selection is gone.

"The variable list has been updated because the executable file *** has changed."

So even the list of available variables has not changed (and I think even their address is still the same), I have to redo the selection.

So is there a way to tell STM32CubeMon to update the symbol table and thereby keep the old selection?

Kind regards,

Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thierry
Senior

Dear tberlinghoff9,

The behavior you are describing is the expected one.

Normally the old selection should be kept, but there is currently a known bug (discussed in this thread https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W000003z5jqSAA/stm32cubemonitor-looses-some-variable-selections-on-edit) that is resulting in loosing some of the selected variables. The bug occurs when the executable file provides a long list of variables, and the selected variables down to the list are no more selected when re-compiling.

Are you in the same situation ?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Thierry
Senior

Dear tberlinghoff9,

The behavior you are describing is the expected one.

Normally the old selection should be kept, but there is currently a known bug (discussed in this thread https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W000003z5jqSAA/stm32cubemonitor-looses-some-variable-selections-on-edit) that is resulting in loosing some of the selected variables. The bug occurs when the executable file provides a long list of variables, and the selected variables down to the list are no more selected when re-compiling.

Are you in the same situation ?

tberlinghoff9
Associate

Hi Thierry,

thank you for anwering. Indeed, variables at top of the list stay selected, it only concerns variables that comes later in the list. So my question is answered and I hope for a fix in the next release.

Kind regards,

Thomas