cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Programatically update variables via the Write Panel Node.

Michael Dalby
Associate II

Hi I am trying to use the Write Panel Mode in my flow to inject values into my target device (via the STM link).

I have setup the Write Panel Node (following the nodes instructions) and the Node works as expected, whereby I can enter values into the variable spaces on the dashboard and when I hit the 'write' key it send it to my target and updates the values.

What I wanted to know, is there a way to programatically trigger the 'Write' from the node red flow instead of using the dashboard button??

0693W000000V590QAC.jpg

This is my example flow.

0693W000000V59eQAC.jpg

The 'inject vals' node is a basic node red 'inject' node. I was hoping to use this node to write values into the 'Write panel' node and get it tp send the values to the target without havind to press the 'write' button on the bashboard.

Any help is appreciated

Cheers

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Landry
Senior

Dear Michael,

To write data by flow, the following payload must be sent to probe out node ,with the topic “write�? :

{

"variablelist": [

{

"address": "0x20000060",

"type": 4,

"value": "xxxx"

}

],

"accesspoint": 0

}

You can find detailed explanations in this thread :

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W000000ayg1SAA/hello-how-is-it-possible-to-change-a-variable-by-pressing-a-buttoni-just-can-change-a-variable-by-using-the-write-panel-butregards

If you need more support , please come back to me .

Landry

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Landry
Senior

Dear Michael,

To write data by flow, the following payload must be sent to probe out node ,with the topic “write�? :

{

"variablelist": [

{

"address": "0x20000060",

"type": 4,

"value": "xxxx"

}

],

"accesspoint": 0

}

You can find detailed explanations in this thread :

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W000000ayg1SAA/hello-how-is-it-possible-to-change-a-variable-by-pressing-a-buttoni-just-can-change-a-variable-by-using-the-write-panel-butregards

If you need more support , please come back to me .

Landry

Michael Dalby
Associate II

Hi Landry

Yes thats just the ticket 👍

Thanks for your support buddy

Just a couple of questions:

Will there be new nodes added to the interface soon?

Can I control the ethernet port on my target board through node red (I take it I would read/write into to the relevant registers associated with the ethernet port?)

Cheers

Michael

stephane.legargeant
ST Employee

Hello Michael

New nodes could be added in future releases, but you can already add existing community nodes to make your own flows.

It is possible to write directly in the hardware registers of the STM32. i.e., you can easily control a led by writing in the GPIOx BSRR register.

The control of Ethernet port by accessing the registers through SWD may be possible, but seems to be complex. I don't know what is your goal, but it may be easier for your application to use the embedded software to control the Ethernet.

Best regards

Stephane